|"Ruff Ruffman" (voiced by Jim Conroy)|
|Chet the Mouse and Princess Blossom the Cat (Seasons 2-5)|
Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman was a children's reality game show on PBS Kids lasting for 5 seasons. The show was taped at WGBH Boston Studios in Boston, MA.
Six contestants participate in the show (3 boys and 3 girls) who are known as "Fetchers". Before Ruff tells the kids what their task is for the day, he summarizes the scoring. Ruff's computer, the Fetch3000, determines what today's task is and sends the assigned people for the job. Then he tells that there are supplies for the task and instructions in the mailbox telling the contestants to "Go Fetch!". Each task correctly performed gets the contestant points. The remaining contestants who are in the studio will watch the task on the TV and then in the middle of the show take the "Half Time Quiz Show" for extra points. At the end of the task of the day, the contestants who were out return to the studio and Ruff calculates the score into the Fetch3000. Bonus points are also rewarded on the show as well. The winner is the contestant with the most points. The prize is in the mailbox which are "booby prizes".
A DVD that had episodes of the first entire season was released.
Episodes could be purchased on iTunes with all 5 seasons
T-shirts with the Fetch logo on it
Two story books were released, including a science activity book. They were all released by Candlewick Press.
Life was missing its mystique
My squeaky toys have lost their squeak!
And then, out of the blue,
I saw a phone!
And bam, my destiny was calling me!
Pitched my vision for a show, they loved it, thought I was a pro!
They got my contract back to find
To their alarm, a dog had signed
FETCH! (oh I like that name!) With Ruff Ruffman!
I didn't wait to renovate, found six contestants, all were great
And now I'm on the road to fame, I've got a game show and it's name is
FETCH! (it's very catchy!) With Ruff Ruffman! (it rolls of the tongue!)
With Ruff Ruffman! FETCH!
Fetch has aired 20 episodes each season. Therefore, the total number of aired episodes was 100 episodes. Also, when the show premiered in 2006, the episodes were taped the year before.
- Anna Sheridan
- Brian McGoff
- Julia Kardashian
- Khalil Flemming
- Noah Ellis
- Taylor Garron
|Episode Number||Season Number||Title||Description||Date|
|1||1||3-2-1 Blast Off!||Ruff is frazzled. He needs more time to get his game show ready, but unfortunately, he's live on the air right now! The show must go on! Ruff sends Julia, Anna, and Khalil to meet a big star. They arrive at the Museum of Science to discover that the star is the sun and that they're about to blast off on an amazing space race. Meanwhile, Taylor, Brian, and Noah stayed in Studio G.||May 29, 2006|
|2||2||Good Dancing and Bad Breath||Ruff wants to try out some new dance moves on the poodle next door but is horrified when she tells him he's got halitosis. He decides to send Julia and Khalil to learn how to ballroom dance, and Brian and Anna out to prove that dog mouths are cleaner than human mouths. Meanwhile, Taylor and Noah stayed behind in Studio G.||May 30, 2006|
|3||3||How To Get Out Your Inner Hip Hop||Ruff incinerates his daily ration of kibble in the Fetch 3000 but then discovers he's out of Chinese food. Resorting to desperate measures, Ruff must try to extract a treat from a dog toy. Ruff challenges Anna to "cook" on the dance floor as she learns how to dance hip-hop. Meanwhile, Noah, Khalil, and Julia must cook for a crowd of picky eaters-animals at the zoo. Meanwhile, Brian and Taylor stayed in Studio G.
Note: This is the first episode in which Ruff subtracts points.
|May 31, 2006|
|4||4||Cats? I Thought You Said Kites!||Ruff is excited because he thinks today's episode is all about kites until he gets a call from his boss, Henry, who wants the show be about cats. Cats?! Ruff has no choice but to give airtime to cats as he challenges Taylor and Anna to train a cat to fetch. Meanwhile, Noah and Brian must design, build and fly a kite that will lift a dog biscuit in the air and land it on the front porch of Charlene, the poodle next door. Meanwhile, Khalil and Julia stayed in Studio G.||June 1, 2006|
|5||5||Ye Olde Colonial Episode||Losing power in the doghouse gives Ruff the most Brilliant Idea in the History of Television! All he needs is a $250,000,000 advance from his boss, Henry, to buy a time machine to send the Fetchers back in time - way back - to 1627! Dressed as Colonists, the cast members abandon their video games and cell phones for log sawing, oven starting, jaw harping, goat tending, and lessons in Colonial life.
Note: The Game Boy Advance made a cameo appearance in this episode.
|June 5, 2006|
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting (2006-2010)
- National Science Foundation (2006-2010)
- The Arthur Vining Davis Foundations (2006)
- Viewers Like You (2006-2010)
- Arby's (2006-2007)
- Chuck E. Cheeses (2010)
- Macy's for Greendog Clothing for Kids (2006-2008)
- Grandma Ruffman - Ruff's Grandma (voiced by Jim Conroy)
- Henry - Ruff's Boss
- Murray - a cousin of Ruff. He is a real Basset Hound who runs behind the scenes work. He was later replaced by Tank
- Tank - Ruff's new technical worker. He's a real bulldog.
- Charlene Pood'el - A poodle who is madly in love with Ruff Ruffman
- Scruff Ruffman - An identical evil twin brother of Ruff and Narrator's arch enemy.
- Ruffael Ruffmanowitz - Ruff's great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather.
- Ruff McRuffman - Ruff's great Scottish uncle with a beard.
- Spot Spotnik - Ruff's arch-rival
- Helga von Ruffman - Ruff's German cousin who is a fashion designer.
- Glen Ruffman - He is Ruff and Scruff's nephew who is interested in fantasy and magic.
- Gerry Geranium - Grandma Ruffman's parrot who is a master at checkers.
- Rüf Rüfman - A Swedish rock star and environmentalist cousin of Ruff
- Bluff Ruffman - A gangster like cousin of Ruff's who wears sunglasses and a bling necklace.
- Blackmuzzle Ruffman - A dog pirate sailing across the seven seas.
- Roxy Ruffman - Ruff's sister who likes sheep.
- Mrs. Kate Taylor - the owner and creator of Ruff
- Mrs. Harriet Hackensack - the new owner of Ruff starting in Season 4
- Le Purr - Blossom's evil twin
- Gus Ruffman - Ruff's great-great-great-great uncle
- Maximillan Ruffman - Ruff's ancestor
- Wink and Dinah Ruffman - Ruff's long lost parents who gave the FETCHers how to get off Game Show Island. They are spies.
- Tom and Trixie - the rivals of Ruff who have their own show, Go Get it! They were actually Ruff's parents, working undercover.
- The Canadian Mountie - Ruff's Cousins who appeared in Season 3.
This show was followed by "The Ruff Ruffman Show" in 2017, even though the follow-up has nothing to with the game of Fetch itself. Instead, it features Ruff, Chet, and Blossom showing the viewers how to do science related hands-on activities and games and play videos of children asking Ruff science experiment questions. It is a series of short online videos on YouTube and PBSKids.org.