Season 32 (November 9~20, 2015, #26)
|1||32||Matt Jackson ($ S32)||13||$411,612||★|
|2||31||Greg Seroka ($ S31)||7||$180,401|
|QF #1||November 9, 2015||Dan Feitel||$14,000||Vaughn Winchell||$16,599||Catherine Hardee||$17,600||#|
|QF #2||November 10, 2015||Greg Seroka||$11,500||Brennan Bushee||$18,000||Kristin Sausville||$12,800||#|
|QF #3||November 11, 2015||Matt Jackson||$24,898||John Schultz||$15,000||Jennifer Giles||$3,800||#|
|QF #4||November 12, 2015||Kerry Greene||$22,000||Andrew Haringer||$19,400||Elliot Yates||$7,200||#|
|QF #5||November 13, 2015||Alex Jacob||$26,657 (↑)||Scott Lord||$6,200||Michael Bilow||$0||#|
|SF #1||November 16, 2015||Kerry Greene||$12,800||John Schultz||$6,100||Dan Feitel||$3,199||#|
|SF #2||November 17, 2015||Alex Jacob||$28,200 (↑)||Brennan Bushee||$5,600||Vaughn Winchell||$0||#|
|SF #3||November 18, 2015||Matt Jackson||$28,400 (↑)||Andrew Haringer||$7,999||Catherine Hardee||$6,400||#|
|Final||November 19, 2015||Matt Jackson||$3,000||Alex Jacob||$29,600||Kerry Greene||$3,400||#|
|November 20, 2015||$7,200||$18,700||$4,700||#|
- First ToC with tiebreaker rule in place.
- After S29, it is the second season in history that three players who competed in regular games have earned the right to advance to the ToC in a row (Vaughn → Elliot → John).
- Michael is first 3-time champion in ToC participant since S24 player Nick Swezey and Doug Hicton. It is also the last case among the 3-time champions to advance to the ToC on their own.
- Catherine is last participant in ToC to win one game as co-champion.
- With Alex winning, the ToC winner broke the jinx that the last regular game was unconditionally 3rd.
Season 34 (November 6~17, 2017, #27)
|1||34||Austin Rogers ($ S34)||12||$411,000||★|
|2||33||Seth Wilson ($ S33)||$265,002|
|QF #1||November 6, 2017||Buzzy Cohen||$30,000||Hunter Appler||$1,400||Pranjal Vachaspati||$16,401||#|
|QF #2||November 7, 2017||Tim Aten||$11,500||Lilly Chin||$12,000||Jason Sterlacci||$23,000||#|
|QF #3||November 8, 2017||Austin Rogers||$16,000||Alan Lin||$19,610 (↑)||David Clemmons||$0
|QF #4||November 9, 2017||Seth Wilson||$5,399||Lisa Schlitt||$15,400||Sam Deutsch||$8,200||#|
|QF #5||November 10, 2017||Andrew Pau||$29,000||Justin Vossler||$9,000||Jon Eisenman||$0
|SF #1||November 13, 2017||Andrew Pau||$10,399||Austin Rogers||$14,500||Lilly Chin||$800||#|
|SF #2||November 14, 2017||Buzzy Cohen||$31,601||Jason Sterlacci||$1||Lisa Schlitt||$0||#|
|SF #3||November 15, 2017||Alan Lin||$24,401||Pranjal Vachaspati||$12,200||Tim Aten||$3,187||#|
|Final||November 16, 2017||Buzzy Cohen||$0||Alan Lin||$8,800||Austin Rogers||$6,500||#|
|November 17, 2017||$24,299||$400||$200||#|
- For first time from unlimited rule, everybody's 5-time champion. It is also a competition that many champions with 6 or more wins in a row participated (nine competitors).
- Starting with this season, the Tournament of Champions is presented by Consumer Cellular.
- At this ToC, all participants wore blue ribbons to their chests to commemorate Cindy Stowell, who died of cancer.
- Following S16, it is the second ToC where four other tournament winners participated.
- For second time, there are two 10-times+ champions who participated in the ToC.
- 6-time champion Cindy Stowell passed away prior to the airing of her Jeopardy! appearance; she qualified for, and would have appeared in, this Tournament of Champions. The participating contestants wore dark blue ribbons (the color of colon cancer awareness) in Cindy's honor; Jason Sterlacci conceived of that most appropriate tribute.
- Seth is the first 10-times+ champion to not advanced in the semifinal.
- Buzzy is the first player to come back win despite nothing in the first game of a ToC Final, and it is the case that 3rd place in the first round came from behind after Dave Abbott, the winner of the S15 ToC.
- This is the first ToC final in which nobody correct response during final.
- Two years later, the finalists of the ToC competition are Jeopardy! All-Star Games Wildcard Match, as part of a team, they played against themselves, Alan's team won and finished third.
Season 36 (November 4~16, 2019, #28)
|1||James Holzhauer ($ S35)||32||$2,462,216||★|
|10||35||Eric R. Backes||4||$105,602|
|QF #1||November 4, 2019||Kyle Jones||$16,800||Anneke Garcia||$4,799||Gilbert Collins||$16,801||#|
|QF #2||November 5, 2019||Rob Worman||$799||Dhruv Gaur||$20,001||Rachel Lindgren||$13,601||#|
|QF #3||November 6, 2019||James Holzhauer||$30,635 (↑)||Alan Dunn||$1||Lindsey Shultz||$14,000||#|
|QF #4||November 7, 2019||Josh Hill||$10,597||Eric R. Backes||$8,000
|QF #5||November 8, 2019||Ryan Fenster||$8,000
|Steven Grade||$18,400||Francois Barcomb||$34,300 (↑)||#|
|SF #1||November 11, 2019||Emma Boettcher||$29,601||Dhruv Gaur||$5||Kyle Jones||$19,201||#|
|SF #2||November 12, 2019||James Holzhauer||$30,156 (↑)||Steven Grade||$11,400||Rachel Lindgren||$7,200||#|
|SF #3||November 13, 2019||Francois Barcomb||$34,801||Gilbert Collins||$12,600||Lindsey Shultz||$12,799||#|
|Final||November 14, 2019||Francois Barcomb||$1,800||James Holzhauer||$49,326||Emma Boettcher||$26,400||#|
|November 15, 2019||$3,200||$27,597||$38,600||#|
- Last ToC hosted by Alex Trebek and Last ToC before the recording system with no audience due to COVID-19.
- On July 10, 2019, Jeopardy! took the unusual step of announcing the tournament field four months ahead of its airing (and before was even taped). The announcement included news that an unprecedented step would be taken - Emma Boettcher, who defeated James Holzhauer, would be invited; her three wins would normally have been insufficient to qualify her into the ToC (June 6 was the day Boettcher lost in regular play).
- Due to the sudden passing of 2018 Teachers Tournament champion Larry Martin on January 25, 2019, in an unprecedented move, Emma Boettcher took his place instead of the next eligible player, 4-time champion Dave Leffler ($100,102).
- Like S6, all tournament winners who participated in ToC make it to the semifinal.
- James became the longest winning streak, the highest regular winnings for a ToC winner, and the last ToC champion during Alex Trebek's lifetime.
- Francois become seventh tournament winner and second Teacher's Tournament Winner to become a ToC finalist.
- Emma is the first 3-time champion to make a ToC final since S24 player Doug Hicton. She also becomes the fourth and last finalist as a 3-time champion for regular games, and she is the third consecutive female champion since Pam Mifflin in S13.
- James and Emma are the third regular-season rematch in a ToC since Keith Whitener (7x) and Paul Nelson (5x) in 2013.
- Since S24, it is the case in which two or more champions with less than 4 consecutive wins or winners of other tournaments have reached the finals.
- Like the previous ToC, this ToC, the former cast wore a purple ribbon on their chest in memory of Larry Martin, who died of pancreatic cancer.
- Also, in the first match of the semi-finals, I was thirsty for a moment when I saw Dhruv wrote "We love you, Alex!" on the answer sheet of the final round.
Season 37 (May 17~28, 2021, #29)
|1||35||Jason Zuffranieri ($ S36)||19||$532,496||★|
|11||36||Sarah Jett Rayburn||$89,300|
|QF #1||May 17, 2021||Jason Zuffranieri||$18,800||Ryan Bilger||$32,405 (↑)||Sarah Jett Rayburn||$0
|QF #2||May 18, 2021||Karen Farrell||$16,200||Nibir Sarma||$12,199||Steve Moulds||$4,800||#|
|QF #3||May 19, 2021||Jennifer Quail||$20,650||Paul Trifiletti||$100
|QF #4||May 20, 2021||MacKenzie Jones||$9,000||Kevin Walsh||$16,000||Ben Henri||$0
|QF #5||May 21, 2021||Sam Kavanaugh||$22,801||Andy Wood||$100
|SF #1||May 24, 2021||Sam Kavanaugh||$28,600 (↑)||Karen Farrell||$12,519||Ryan Hemmel||$3,907||#|
|SF #2||May 25, 2021||Ryan Bilger||$16,002||Veronica Vichit-Vadakan||$31,400||Kevin Walsh||$0||#|
|SF #3||May 26, 2021||Jennifer Quail||$29,999||Jason Zuffranieri||$20,400||Nibir Sarma||$1||#|
|Final||May 27, 2021||Veronica Vichit-Vadakan||$6,400||Jennifer Quail||$14,500||Sam Kavanaugh||$38,000||#|
|May 28, 2021||$9,200||$27,500||$20,388||#|
- First ToC in the post-Trebek era, 2017 Tournament of Champions Winner Buzzy Cohen guest hosted for the 2021 ToC.
- It was held without spectators due to the COVID-19.
- 5-time champion Brayden Smith suddenly and shockingly passed away on February 5, 2021. Steve Moulds, the next eligible player, took his place.
- Steve is last 3-time champion in ToC participant from the regular games.
- The winner's amount goes to the charity, Hope of the Valley Rescue Mission Trebek Center for Homeless.
- For only second time since 1993, two female champions advanced to ToC final (in terms of all tournaments, it is the first time since 2018 Teen Tournament: all-female).
- Veronica is the best female entrant in the semifinals with WC like S29 Kristin Morgan and S31 Julia Collins since S24 ToC winner Celeste DiNucci.
- Runner-up Jennifer became the sixth player in history to set the record for FJ! consecutive correct answers more than 10 times (From 4 games to the ToC final).
- Sam's victory became the third time in history a champion of the same season has won the ToC.
- As the format of the next ToC was changed, it became the last ToC with 15 people competing.
Season 39 (October 31~November ?, 2022, #30)
|2||37||Matt Amodio ($ S38)||38||$1,518,601|
|6||37||Brian Chang ($ S37)||7||$163,904|
|QF #1||[ #]|
|QF #2||[ #]|
|QF #3||[ #]|
|QF #4||[ #]|
|QF #5||[ #]|
|SF #1||[ #]|
|SF #2||[ #]|
|SF #3||[ #]|
- Beginning with this Tournament of Champions qualifying period, the minimum number of regular play wins required for eligibility is increased from three to four.
- Second ToC in the post-Trebek era, 74 game champion, Greatest of All Time winner & current syndicated version co-host Ken Jennings will host for the 2022 ToC.
- For third time, there are at least two 10-times+ champions who participated in the ToC.
- For first time, there are at least two millionaire champions who participated in the ToC.
- Like S25, the top seed of the ToC leaderboard is among participants that is not the highest regular game prize money.
- In this ToC, 9 people have competed together in a regular game before (Brian → Zach, Matt → Jonathan, Andrew → Amy, and Ryan → Eric → Megan).
- It is said that the ToC format will change from this season.
- What's so great about this record is that even when it extends to the entire tournament, the only time to win for $0 in the first place is Meryl Federman, who won the 2007 Teen Tournament Summer Games.
- Except for S18 and S24, where there was only one tournament winner.
- Presumably, if Lindsey had made it to the finals, James, like Keith of S29, would have faced two entrants more than twice in one ToC. In particular, unlike Keith, who competed in the semi-finals and finals separately, in the case of James, they could compete simultaneously.
- As with S24, the champion with three consecutive wins and the winner of other tournaments came up, and the rankings came out the same.
- Unfortunately, a year later, the host Alex Trebek also died of pancreatic cancer.
- He is a different person from the person with the same name in S26. #