|Guy Fieri (2010-2011)|
Apolo Anton Ohno (2013-2014)
(Sneak Peek): 5/23/2013
(Series): 6/25/2013 – 4/29/2014
Smart Dog Media
Universal Media Studios
Minute to Win It was a game show where people would compete in seemingly easy stunts to win $1,000,000 ($250,000 in the GSN version). They could include pulling all the tissues out of a box with one hand, stacking golf balls, but they all featured household items.
Minute To Win It was originally created in 2003 by Derek Banner and his Copenhagen based production company BUMP Productions - Banner Universal Motion Pictures LLC, with the original title of Minute Winner - You got one minute to win it. The draft format of the game show was then in November 2005 presented to the Swedish format company Friday TV, who further developed it in 2007 and licensed it to NBC in 2009.
- 1 Gameplay
- 2 Games
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Set Pics
- 5 Rating
- 6 Music
- 7 Spin-Offs
- 8 International Versions
- 9 Additional Pages
- 10 References
- 11 Links
The contestant would be presented with the blueprint(via monitor with a female annoucer) for the first level and had to successfully complete the game presented within one minute/60 seconds to win $1,000 and advance to the next level. After successfully completing the first, fifth, eighth, and most recently ninth level games, the contestant would be guaranteed to leave with no less than the cash award for those levels. Compelteing all 10 levels awarded $1,000,000 to the contestant(s)($250,000 in the GSN version). In the GSN version, the milestones are the first, fifth and seventh levels.
The difficulty of the games progressively and exponentially increased throughout the current game. If time expired or the conditions of the game couldn't be fulfilled (such as by the contestant exhausting any allotted attempts, breaking the rules of a game, having stacked items fall... etc.), the contestant would loses a "life". If the contestant lost all three of their "lives", the game would end and the contestant's winnings would drop to the previous milestone they passed.
After successfully completing a game, the contestant could leave with the amount of money already won before seeing the blueprint for the next game. However, once the contestant elected for the game, the contestant couldn't leave the show until that game was complete or they exhausted all three of their "lives". The show also featured a money tree.
In the first part of season one, $50,000 was the only milestone; players who were eliminated from the game before completing the Level 5 game left with nothing. The milestones at $1,000 and $250,000 were added in the second part of that season. Then, partway through season two, a milestone at $500,000 was added.
In episodes featuring celebrity contestants competing for charities, all levels were milestones, so they won all the money up to their last successful level.
In episodes featuring teams of two contestants, some games were played by both players, while others were played solo. A player could only make three consecutive attempts at solo games (including re-attempts following losing a life; an intervening team game did not reset this count but it also did not add to the count). After a player made three attempts, the other player would be forced to attempt the next solo game.
In Christmas episodes, 2 extra games were added for "the 12 games of Minute to Win It": the 11th game was worth $2,000,000 and the 12th was worth $3,000,000. Both were milestones. The games for these episodes were almost indectial to the regular show, just changed with a christmas theme to challenges(eating gingerbread cookies, shaking jingle bells out of a box, etc.)In Christmas episodes, some games contained a "Holiday Bonus," in which a contestant won a gift if the level was passed. A visual representation of the gift was placed inside of a box, which would be opened if and when the level was completed. The gifts included:
- An extra life – Contestants who received this "gift" could have more than the basic three lives.
- Extra 10 seconds – Contestants who received this "gift" could add an extra 10 seconds (or, in the case of a survival game, subtract 10 seconds) to any game, including after a re-attempt following a failure.
- Prize – Contestants who received this gift won a bonus prize.
Some Season 2 episodes featured similar bonuses known as a "Blueprint Bonus." However, the bonus was shown on a large monitor, and it was shown before the blueprint, and before the game was played. The only bonuses won by contestants were the extra life and extra ten seconds. When a contestant decided to use the extra ten seconds, a special 70 second clock was used, or if the contestant was playing a survival game (like Keep it Up, Defying Gravity, High as a Kite, Uphill Battle, etc.) the clock was reduced to 50 seconds. In addition, the outer floor lights of the 60-second circle didn't turn red for the first ten seconds. For the survival games, the first ten lights were already red.
A year after the original ended, GSN revived the series with Apolo Anton Ohno. The top prize for GSN’s version was $250,000. The milestones were $1,000, $10,000 and $25,000.
Games used in the US version. Bold indicates the challenge was a team challenge. Italics indicate the challenge had multiple levels/versions. Challenges with parentheses"()" indicate additional information about the challenge. Underlined challenges indicate that the challenge was a timed challenge that was either an endurance challenge(requiring the host to check something, i.e. Pedometer clicks) or a survival challenge requiring the contestant to outlast a challenge for 60 seconds(keeping ballons up in the air, having a kite not touch the ground...Etc.) A
Strikethrough indicates the challenge is unoffical or never used. If the results aren't clear or there is a amazing feat during a challenge, this is viewed on the "Power Cam".
- Hanky Panky
- Tilt-a-Cup(6 balls needed)
- Nice Build
- Stick To It
- This Blows(15 cups needed)
- Bucket Head(2 Each)
- Chocolate Unicorn(6 needed)
- Spare Me(12 Markers)
- Octopus(3 out of 12)
- Movin On' Up(Solo)
- Tilt-A-Cup(6 balls needed)
- Hoop De Loop(Team)
- Hoop De Loop(Solo)
- Temper Tantrum(400 Clicks, Endurance)
- Office Maximus
- Nervous Nelly(Endurance)
- Wet Ball
- Fish Head
- Sticky Balls
- Dizzy Mummy
- Baby Rattle
- Roll With It
- Nose Dive
- Mad Dog
- Drop Zone(Solo)
- Drop Zone(Team)
- Wreath Relay(Christmas)
- Reindeer Nosedive(Christmas)
- Bobblehead(200 Clicks, Endurance)
- Face The Cookie(2 needed)
- Extreme Hanky Panky
- Chocolate Chip Flip
- Ball Cap(3 out of 10)
- Movin' on Up(Team)
- Face The Cookie(1 Each)
- Chocolate Unicorn(6 Each)
- Glass Road Trucker
- Card Ninja
- Stay on Key(2 keys needed)
- Bouncer(9 Each)
- Drop,Sink & Clink
- Ker-Plink Or Plunk!(3 balls needed)
- Wheel of A Deal(The host may check)
- Whipper Snapper(1 Ball)
- Noodling Around
- Movin' On Up(Team)
- Ball Cap
- High as a Kite(Survival)
- Worm Diving
- Egg Dance
- Ping Tac Toe(Same Color)
- Back Flip(14 Pencils)
- Give it a Whirl
- Bobblehead(125 Clicks, Endurance)
- Flying Gumball Saucers
- Whack Attack
- Stop Your Whining
- Disco Drop
- Knock It Off
- Worm Diving
- Spin Doctor
- Puddle Jumper
- Jingle in the Trunk(Christmas)
- Holiday Hustle(Christmas)
- Office Dominoes
- Snap, Crackle & Topple
- Stay on Key(3 keys needed)
- Junk in the Trunk(8 balls needed, If the results aren't clear the host will check)
- Blow Ball
- Don't Blow The Kings
- Bite Me
- High Strung
- Baby' Blockin
- Rapid Fire(6 needed)
- Hang Over(7 Hangers)
- By a Thread
- Whack Job(9 out of 12)
- Blind Ball(2 out of 4 Balls)
- Well Done
- A Bit Dicey
- Hut, Hut, Hike!(NFL)
- Keep The Change(1 out of 5 cups)
- Ruler of the World
- Play it By Ear(7 Cans, Endurance)
- Field Goal
- Magic Carpet Ride(Solo)
- Bottoms Up(4 Total)
- Yank Me(Contestant must only use one hand when removing index cards)
- Kick Off(NFL)
- Maze Craze
- Ready Spaghetti
- Elephant March
- Tweeze Me
- Snowball Fight(Christmas)
- Face the Gingerbread Man(Christmas)
- Matchmaker(16 Candies)
- Spoon Frog(3 needed)
- How It's Hangin
- Junk in the Trunk(7 each, If the results aren't clear the host will check)
- Got Your Back
- Booby Trap
- Whipper Snapper(2 balls needed)
- Tilt-A-Cup(8 needed)
- Drop Ball
- Office Fling
- Play it By Ear(8 Cans, Endurance)
- Speed Eraser(13 Total)
- This Blows(15 Each)
- Scary Cherry
- Back Flip(16 Pencils)
- Nimble Thimble
- Johnny Applestack
- Sticky Situation(2 Peanut Butter, 1 Jelly)
- The Nutstacker(4 Each, 8 Nuts)
- Suck It Up(4 needed)
- Suck It Up(2 candies Each)
- Spoon Tune(Old McDonald Had a Farm)
- Marbles Grande
- Loner(20 Marbles)
- Loner(10 Marbles Each)
- Flip Off
- Magic Carpet Ride(Team)
- On The Rebound
- Brush With Danger
- Bulb Balance
- Egg Roll(2 Eggs)
- Christmas Ball Conveyor(Christmas)
- Stack Attack
- Egg Tower
- Office Tennis
- On The Hook
- Tuna Roll
- Raisin The Bar(3 out of 10 bottles needed)
- Candy Elevator
- Spare Me(5 Chalk)
- Bouncer(12 balls each)
- Punch Your Lights Out(6 Lights)
- Sticker Picker Upper
- Flip Your Lid(Solo)
- Flip Your Lid(Team)
- Blind Ball(3 out of 4 Balls)
- Blind Ball(4 out of 4 Balls)
- Just Hang On
- The Nutstacker(5 Each, 10 Nuts Total)
- The Nutstacker(8 needed)
- Gettin Juggy' With It
- Spoon Tune(Row, Row, Row Your Boat)
- Bucket Head(10 Balls)
- Egg Roll(3 Eggs)
- Triple Pong Plop(4 needed)
- Triple Pong Plop(3 needed)
- Rapid Fire(Team, 6 Each)
- Merry Fishmas(Christmas)
- Do You Hear What I Hear?(Christmas, Endurance)
- Christmas Jingle(Christmas)
- Beach Tennis
- Raisin The Bar(4 out of 10 bottles needed)
- Coffee Topper
- Mega Bubble
- Stick The Landing(1 out of 10 attempts)
- Ker-Plink or Plunk!(Sink Container, If the results of the challenge aren't clear the host will wait and check)
- Penny Hose
- Split The Uprights(NFL)
- Pong5(Pong to the Fifth Power)
- Iron Board Man
- Egg Zone(NFL)
- Ka-Broom(4 Marshmallows)
- Whipper Snapper(2 needed)
- Speed Eraser(8 Each)
- Keep It Up(Surivival)
- Defying Gravity(Survival)
- The Nutstacker(10 Nuts)
- Layin' Track
- Sticker Picker Upper
- Bridge The Gap
- Pop Top
- Mouth to Mouth
- Dangerous Curves
- Spoon Frog(2 Each)
- Christmas Ball(Christmas)
- Keep It Up
- Deck the Balls(Christmas)
- Christmas in the Balance(Christmas)
- Don't Blow the Joker(5 decks)
- Breakfast Scramble(Team, The host will explain certain rules about leaning pieces and the red square in this challenge)
- Breakfast Scramble(Solo, The host will explain certain rules about leaning pieces and the red square in this challenge)
- CD Dominoes
- Tortilla Head
- Matchmaker(20 candies)
- Shoe Fly Shoe(1 out of 12 Attempts)
- Propeller Head
- Spoon Frog(3 Spoons Each)
- What a Racquet
- Pink Elephant
- Broomski Ball
- Cyclone(If a marble falls out of the soda bottle, the game is over)
- Chop Stack
- Ball Cap(5 out of 10)
- Double Trouble
- Back Flip(20 Pencils)
- Caddy Stack
- Extreme Mini Stack Attack
- Dental Cap
- High Roller
- Christmas Cliffhanger(Christmas)
- Extreme Christmas Nutstacker(Christmas)
- Oh Nuts!
- Keep The Change(2 out of 8 cups)
- Ping Tac Toe(Alternating Colors,Balls)
- Punch Your Lights Out(9 Lights)
- Hang Over(8 Hangers)
- Raise Your Glass(Christmas)
- Uphill Battle(Survival)
- Get Forked
- Extreme Nutstacker
- Don't Blow the Joker(3 Decks)
- Hung With Care(Christmas)
Pitch Black(This challenge was originally going to be used in season 1 as level 10, but was then scrapped).
Level 11 & 12
Unknown/Not Reached on the show.
- Whack Attack
- Tear It Up
- Bottle Neckin'
- Paddle Poppers
- Movin' On Up
- Stack Attack
- Dangerous Curves
Last Man Standing Challenges
- Hanky Panky(Level 1)
- Bobblehead(Level 2, Surivival as the player with the least amount of clicks is eliminated)
- Temper Tantrum(Level 2, Surivival as the player with the least amount of clicks is eliminated)
- Face The Cookie(Level 3)
- Sticky Situation(Level3)
- Go The Distance(Level 4)
- Rapid Fire(Level 4)
- Spoon Frog(Level 5)
- Johnny Applestack(Level 5)
- Stack Attack(Level 6)
- Tipsy(Level 6)
- CD Dominoes(Level 7)
- Worm Diving(Level 7)
- Bulb Balance(Level 8)
- Paper Dragon(Level 8)
- Ping Tac Toe(Level 9, Head-to-Head version)
- Supercoin(Level 10)
The show was once accused of being similar to another stunt & dare show The Cube.
The GSN run retained nearly all the elements of the NBC run, barring the theme song, reduced money amounts, host, and the fact it now taped in New York City, NY as well as the fact that teams play from now on.
The NBC run had special NFL themed shows as well as 3 Christmas themed episodes.
Apolo Anton Ohno's catchphrase "You got a minute to Win It! Every…Second…Counts!" is a reference to the short-lived 1984-1985 Bill Rafferty hosted syndicated game show of the same name.
Sometimes the contestant is given an option before a challenge beigns if they would like the audience to cheer or just clap quietly, or even can choose for silence. However, this is either rarely an option or sometimes the decision the contestant makes is cut out from the show.
"Get Up" by Eve Nelson (NBC)
Minuto Para Ganar - Spanish version airing on MundoFox in 2012 and now revived in 2020-2021.
Here is a list of countries that have Minute to Win It in their countries:
|Country||Title||Host||Network||Top Prize||First Airdate|
|Albania||Kape Kohën||Gentian Hazizaj||Top Channel||Unknown||October 7, 2012|
|Abdallah El Tuleihi||MBC 1||SR1,000,000||April 5, 2011|
|Argentina||Minuto para ganar||Marley||Telefe||AR$1,000,000||July 17, 2011|
|TBA||Armenia TV||֏10,000,000||May 27, 2012|
|Minute to Win It||Darren McMullen||Seven Network||A$1,000,000||June 22, 2010|
|Belgium||Binnen De Minuut (Dutch)||Staf Coppens||vtm||€100,000||January 8, 2011|
60 secondes chrono (French)
|Jean-Michel Zecca||RTL TVI||€100,000||September 5, 2011|
Nada Além de um Minuto
|Silvio Santos||SBT||R$1,000,000||April 17, 2010|
|Un minuto para ganar||Julián Elfenbein||TVN||CL$30.000.000||May 21, 2011|
Minute To Win It China
|Un minuto para ganar||Silvestre Dangond||Caracol TV||CO$300.000.000||November 1, 2010|
|Minuto Para Ganar||Mauricio Astorga||Teletica||₡25,000,000.00||March 8, 2011|
|Máš minutu||Richard Genzer & Michal Suchánek||TV Prima||Kč 1,000,000||April 10, 2011|
|Det perfekte minut||Robert Hansen||TV3||250,000Kr||August 17, 2011|
|Minuto Para Ganar||Yuly Maiocchi||Gama TV||US$50,000||August 7, 2011|
|Finland||Minuuttipeliä||Marko Keränen||MTV3||€30,000||March 21, 2011|
|60 secondes chrono||Alex Goude||M6||€100,000||July 12, 2012|
|Die perfekte Minute||Ulla Kock am Brink||Sat.1||€250,000||April 30, 2010|
|Minute to Win It||Dimitris Hungarezos||Mega TV||€50,000||March 3, 2012|
Minute to Win It
|Hacken Lee||TVB||HK$1,000,000||November 25, 2012|
|1 perc és nyersz!||Sebestyén Balázs||RTL Klub||10,000,000 Ft||February 27, 2012|
India's Minute To Win It (Hindi)
|Gaurav Kapoor||AXN||₹10 Crore||January 12, 2011|
Home Sweet Home (Tamil)
|Divyadarshini (D.D) and Deepak||STAR Vijay||A home worth ₹2 Crore||March 4, 2011|
|אליפות ישראל בדקה
Alifut Israel be Dakah
|Ido Rosenblum||Channel 2 (Keshet)||₪1,000,000||October 26, 2011|
|Un Minuto per Vincere||Max Giusti (Season 1)||Rai Uno||€500,000||September 4, 2011|
|Nicola Savino (Season 2)||Rai Due||November 22, 2012|
|Минута на победу
Minuta na pobedu
|Rinat Safargulov||NTK||₸1,000,000||May 19, 2012|
Anda Ada 60 Saat (Malay)
|Ahmad Nabil||Astro Warna – New Episode
Astro Ria – Repeat
|RM500,000||December 25, 2010|
|Oru nimiṭam (Tamil)||Anandha||Astro Vaanavil||RM500,000||December 2010|
|Un minuto para ganar||Penélope Menchaca||Televisa||TBA||2012|
|Minute to Win It||Gordon Heuckeroth||RTL 4||€100,000||January 8, 2011|
|Vinn på minuttet||Carsten Skjelbreid||TV2||1,000,000Kr||March 20, 2011|
|Minuto para ganar||Johanna San Miguel (Season 1)||América Televisión||S/.100,000||January 15, 2011|
|Magdyel Ugaz (Season 2)|
|Philippines||Minute to Win It||Luis Manzano||ABS-CBN||₱1,000,000||January 14, 2013|
|Milion w minutę||Marcin Prokop||TVN||1,000,000 zł||September 5, 2011|
|Ganha num Minuto||Marco Horácio||SIC||€20,000||January 8, 2012|
|Câștigi în 60 de secunde||Dan Negru||Antena 1||50,000Lei||April 5, 2011|
|Timur Rodrigez||Russia 1||1,000,000руб||November 17, 2012|
|Savršen minut||Srđan Karanović||Prva||дин1,000,000||March 17, 2012|
|Minuta do zmage||Bojan Emeršič||POP TV||€100,000||March 18, 2011|
|사소한 도전 60초
Sasohan Dojeon 60-cho
|Oh Sang-jin (오상진)||MBC||₩20,000,000||June 12, 2011|
|Uno para ganar||Jesús Vázquez||Cuatro||€500,000||July 4, 2011|
|Home Game in 60 second||Niroshan Wijesinghe||Sirasa TV||Rs.1.000.000||October 26, 2010|
|Minuten||Peter Settman (Season 1)||SVT||250,000kr||December 26, 2010|
|Malin Olsson (Season 2)||February 24, 2012|
|Kazanmak için 1 Dakika||Ertem Şener (Season 1)||Kanal D||₺500,000||January 6, 2012|
|Zuhal Topal (Season 2)||November 20, 2012|
|United Kingdom||Minute to Win It||Darren McMullen||ITV2||£30,000||August 30, 2011|
|United States||Minute to Win It (English)||Guy Fieri||NBC||US$1,000,000||March 14, 2010|
|Minute to Win It (English)||Apolo Anton Ohno||GSN||US$250,000||June 25, 2013|
|Minuto para ganar (Spanish)||Marco Antonio Regil||MundoFox||US$100,000||August 13, 2012|
|Ukraine||Хвилина для перемоги
Chvylyna dlya peremogy
|Maksim Averin||Ukrayina||₴500,000||October 16, 2011|
|Minuto para ganar||Álvaro Navia
|Teledoce||UY$250,000||September 5, 2010|
|Un Minuto para ganar||Nelson Bustamante||Televen||Bs.100,000||July 12, 2012|
|Vietnam||Một phút để chiến thắng||Nguyen Vu||HTV7||1,000,000,000₫||May 27, 2012|
- (episodes 110, 125, and 126)
- MBC.net. MBC.net.
- Telefe propone un minuto para ganar un millón de pesos con Marley. Extremista.com.ar.
- USArmenia TV. USArmenia TV (September 21, 2012).
- Minute to win It – Official Site Yahoo!7 TV. Yahoo!7 TV. Retrieved 21 November 2010. Au.tv.yahoo.com.
- De Minuut – vtmTemplate:Dead link
- 60 Secondes Chrono – RTL TVI. Rtltvi.be.
- Programa Silvio Santos. SBT.
- Part of a Sunday night variety show.
- TVN – Un Minuto para Ganar – ¡Última guapa en pie!. Tvn.cl.
- Un Minuto para Ganar CaracolTV.com
- Template:Dead link
- TV-Invitation til campister "Det Perfekte Minut" – DCU.dk – Dansk Camping Union – Campingferie i Danmark. DCU.dk (July 16, 2011).
- The Leading Minuto Para Ganar Ecuador Site on the Net. minutoparaganarecuador.com.
- MTV3 – Minuuttipeliä. Mtv3.fi.
- TF1 mise sur de nouveaux jeux | France Soir. Francesoir.fr.
- Template:De icon Die perfekte Minute mit Ulla Kock am Brink. Sat1. Retrieved 21 November 2010. Sat1.de.
- Time – Έρχεται το "Minute to Win It". Real.gr (July 16, 2011).
- Egy perc és nyersz! – és tényleg csak ennyi kell. Retrieved 21 June 2011. Rtlklub.hu.
- India's Minute To Win It | India AXN. Axn-india.com.
- Home Sweet Home. YouTube.
- indya.com - STAR - VIJAY - Home Sweet Home. Vijay.indya.com.
- טלויזיה – אליפות ישראל בדקה
- Anda Ada 60 Sat. Astro. Retrieved 24 November 2010.Template:Dead link
- "Un Minuto para ganar", nuevo programa de Penélope Menchaca con Televisa | starMedia. Entretenimiento.starmedia.com (March 9, 2012).
- http://www.rtl.nl/%28/service/rtlnederland/%29/service/rtlnederland/components/pressroom/persberichten/2010/12_december/minute_to_win_it.xml Nieuwe spelsensatie 'Minute To Win It' met Gordon op zaterdagavond]
- Millionær på ett minutt – Programguide for alle kanaler – TV 2, NRK, TV3, TVN. Tv2.no (March 18, 2011).
- Johanna San Miguel conducirá nuevo programa concurso | America TelevisiónTemplate:Dead link
- Ganha Num Minuto. Sic.sapo.pt.
- Castigi in 60 de secunde
- Prva Srpska Televizija :: Savršen minut. Prva.rs.
- Minuta do zmage – Naslovnica. Minutadozmage.24ur.com.
- 사소한 도전 60초. Imbc.com.
- Uno para ganar
- Dailymirror.lk Print Edition. Print.dailymirror.lk (October 3, 2012).
- Kazanmak İçin 1 Dakika / Program / Kanal D / İzle. Kanald.com.tr.
- Minuto Para Ganar | La Tele
- Un Minuto para Ganar. Facebook.