Style guide and naming[edit source]
Before this project gets too big, I should probably set down a few style guidelines so that the Wiki formatting looks consistent.
Shows should be listed under the most common title.
- If the show is more commonly known by a short title, then the short title should be used. (Ex. Greed instead of Greed: The Series, The Price is Right instead of The New Price is Right)
- Abbreviations or short titles (TPiR, WoF, LotHT, GUTS) should redirect to the appropriate game show, if the abbreviations are unambiguous.
- If a show has multiple runs under the same or similar titles (Match Game, Password), then, as a rule of thumb, the different versions should be put under the same title.
- If multiple unrelated shows share the same title, the shows should be listed separately, with a number in parentheses following each title. (Ex. Break the Bank (1), Break the Bank (2) and Break the Bank (3))
Page Layout[edit source]
The topics should be presented in the following order. More well known shows can have the first three entries in a box in the upper left hand corner of the article.
(A brief summary of the show can be listed here)
- Hosts - Host(s) of the show
- Broadcast - Broadcast dates. A graphic of the show's title card can be included above each version. Please scale it to 160 points (160px) for a fullscreen show graphic and 200 points (200px) for a widescreen show graphic
- Packager - The company that made the show
- Gameplay - General information about the show: gameplay, rules, etc.
- Music - Company or people that made the show's music, as well as titles for the themes if possible.
- Inventor - People or companies that made the show
- Merchandise - Items related to the show sold to the public, such as board games, video games, home videos, etc.
- Trivia - Fun facts about the show
- Links - Links to other sites with more info on the show, as well as to video clips and other resources
- Categories - Rmember to categorize the show for easy looking up in the future. Use the Categories page to see which categories the shows should be grouped under. A link to the page is available on the main page.
Neubauer 22:13, January 15, 2011 (UTC)